This Weeks Progress

Thursday 19th April 2007

Lesley had Bracken back to hydrotherapy last night. Tom is really pleased with the progress, he can feel the difference in the muscle strength. We are continuing daily, twice per day, with the protein supplement and we use the modified abs belt every night.

I have just used the belt on her tonight and I can actually see the muscle in her shoulder contracting. I have always known that it has been working because when we used it prior, Bracken got restless and licked at it.........now I can see it working.

Sorry folks, I know you can't see this but I had to stop typing her for a minute, I've been watching Bracken, she can't settle since I took off the belt, she's up and down and on and off her bean bag, my conclusion is she's got more tingling and feeling back in the leg, she will not stop licking at it. My only concern now is that it may annoy her during the night!

As in the case with the wild fox, the tingling feeling can annoy and stress the dog to the point they can self mutilate and chew at the foot, I think I will let her sleep with the boot on tonight to be on the safe side, don't want any disasters after all this work, think you've got me worried a bit Sheena since your email, best be safe though.

Just to let you know, Sheena contacted me through this site, she too has a dog in the same predicament, a Whippet called Slim. Slim was knocked over by a car in December last year in Toronto and has ended up with Radial Nerve Paralysis causing paralysis of hist front left leg. Sheena has also gone through all the stages I have with Bracken, She too was advised by the vet to amputate but like myself was reluctant to take this advise and now Slim too is on the road to recovery through the same types of treatment.

We were both advised to amputate due to small - Slim recovery rates.......

  • Q - Are the statistics for recovery so small because people don't wait it out and take their vets advise?

  • A - Only Time will tell..........


That's all for now folks.


;0)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.

*** "MY DIARY BLOG" ***

Please note that this is a diary blog. To read my story, please select from the Diary Archive Menu on the left.