Hydrotherapy session last night Unbelievable

Thursday 13th Sept 2007

WOW!

I am just stunned and speechless.......

Took Bracken for her weekly Hydro session last night. Bracken's leg was still stuck at a 90 degree angle due to the ligament contraction, well, after last nights session, all that has changed, Take a look.

Below, Bracken's contracted right leg. This was her leg more or less fully stretched.
















Now Look, for some reason the ligaments seemed to give last night. A Lot of it down to all the stretching and exercises, but, most of it due to the physiotherapy work Tom does in the warm water of the hydrotherapy pool.















And then.........















And a small video.......




Sorry about how short the video is, She was on her way out the pool and I had to run to the car for my mobile phone. I was present all through the session and I had no idea what Tom was about to show me. All he said was, "Now Craig, prepare yourself"........"Wait until you see this". He started to raise the hoist and I could see the difference right away, her leg was hanging a lot lower. It wasn't until he started to move her leg back and forth that I realised how much movement was back. There were 4 of us in the room including Tom, the other 2 are assistants and have helped with Bracken since Feb, I can't begin to type what they said when the saw the movement, I would be at risk of blogger deleting my blog.

I'm just stunned, not one to knock my vet, but, he had me believing we couldn't fix the contraction. Bracken is back on the protein powder every morning, we are going to give it our all now. Tom is off to Australia for 3 weeks so we have no Hydro until he is back. I hope when he does get back we have a surprise for him.

Good news all round with Bernie's leg and now Bracken's, our luck has changed and I'm off to get a lottery ticket!

Onwards and Upwards.

;-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bracken, you and your family are amazing! Never give up, and never give in! God BLESS you for your bravery! Such spirit! And for finding TOM!!!

Anonymous said...

Bracken is such a courageous beauty! In the video she looks so sweet just hanging there allowing herself to be stretched and prodded. She's a trooper. And you're a trooper, Craig, for keeping up the hard work and the faith! She's looking great and I'm glad you're hearing some good news about her progress. Keep it up!
-Sheena

Jaida said...

Hi Braken-Beauty!

Mom's computer is a little behind the times, so I couldn't see the video, but the pictures of your boo-boo leg look GREAT!!! Way to stretch those ligaments, WHOO-HOO!!! It's very hard for mums and dads to know what to do with us boo-boo legged pups sometimes. I know my mums got very scared and worried and cried a lot, and they even knew that my leg could NEVER be fixed no matter what. So tell your mom and dad that you don't mind the exercises and the pool, and that you wouldn't even mind if you had to have a surgery, 'cause you'll always be a GOOD DOG no matter what, and you know they'll do the right thing.
Puppy kisses! (I can still do that even though I'm getting to be a big girl now!)
Jaida

Anonymous said...

Wow what a difference! May I take my hat off to you for not giving up and doing everything you can for Bracken - he looks as though he is on the mend. Heeling thoughts coming your way to help him xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is such promising news. My dog has radial nerve damage to her front left leg, and though she has had use of it and at times you can't tell she's lame, lately, even short walks leave her limping. She lost a toe due to an infection in her paw that wouldn't heal - beware, with nerve damage, the blood supply to that limb is compromised and healing can be a problem. If you see something, treat it fast and hard.

Good luck.

*** "MY DIARY BLOG" ***

Please note that this is a diary blog. To read my story, please select from the Diary Archive Menu on the left.